For those with the WP-Drudge theme and without: We now have a stand-alone Google News WordPress plugin that displays links, excerpts, and thumbnails in widgets and post content.
This widget uses keywords to create a list of links to Google News feed aggregated stories. This widget is simple and easily configurable.
- Click the down arrow next to the column in which you’d like to add the block of links.
- Drag a “WP-Drudge Google News Feed” widget into that column.
- Enter a “Title” or leave this field blank to not display one.
- Check or un-check “Show title” to display the text entered above on the site
- In the “Keyword of phrase” field, enter the exact phrase you’d like to search Google News for. You can test the output by going to http://news.google.com/ and searching.
- Enter the number of items to show, up to 20
- Click the “Show date” box to display the published date of the news story
- The “Disable cache” checkbox should be checked in case you see an error message on the page where this widget appears (you’ll need to save it and check your page). If you are proficient with navigating your web host, you can instead create a folder “cache” with writing privileges in your root public folder.
- Click Save