The “Text” tab controls all the site visitor-facing text in the theme. This makes it easy to translate the text shown to users if you don’t want to use a translation file. It also make it easy to override the defaults if you want something besides what the theme is configured with when you get it.
Some options below allow you to use a bracketed term, like “[site_name]” to insert WordPress-stored text into the output. Simply use the bracketed term as instructed and the replacement will happen when the text is displayed.
- Header category listing text: If the “Category listing” option is checked on the Header tab, this text will be added to the left of the category links. Leave blank to omit.
- Prompt on main site: Enter text for the banner on the regular site pointing people to the mobile version when it is available. This text should be short.
- Prompt on mobile site: Enter text for the banner on the mobile site pointing people to the regular version (keep it short)
- Link text to go to the mobile site: Link text pointing to the mobile site
- Link text to hide the mobile banner: Link text when a user wants to hide the mobile banner
- Link text to go back to the main site: Link text to return to the main site from the mobile one
- Link text to set mobile as default: Link text to set the mobile site as the default
- Link text to turn off the mobile default: Link text to unset the mobile site as default
Page and post
- Link text to go back to home page: Leave blank to hide this link; use [site name] to include your site name in the text
Link text to go to Outbound URL: This text is used when a site visitor is on a post page for a posted link (either the interruption page setting is on or a direct link was shared). Do not leave this blank or else site visitors will not be able to get to the Outbound URL.
Comments text link: Link text for the comments in Posted Link listings
Read more link: Read more link for tag and blog listing
Load more link: Link text for Posted Link widgets to load more links, if this options is turned on
No posts to show: Text to display when there are no posts to show
- Category archive title: Enter the visible page title for the category archives. Use [term] to output the category name
- Tag archive title: Enter the visible page title for the tag archives. Use [term] to output the tag name
- Author archive title: Enter the visible page title for the author archives. Use [author] to output the author’s name
- Search results page title: Enter the visible page title for the search results page.Use [query] to output the search query being used
- General archive title: Enter the visible page title for all other archive pages
- Link text pointing to newer lists of content: This is used in post listings to point to the next page of posts, if there are any
- Link text pointing to newer lists of content: This is used in post listings to point to the previous page of posts