The blog page template allows you to list posts and/or Posted Links on a separate page, creating the ability to build specific archive pages.
To add a blog listing page:
- First, create a page by going to Pages, then Add New in the WordPress admin.
- The title added here will be printed at the top of the page
- The content here will also be printed on the page, below the title and above the post listing
- On the right, under “Page Attributes,” look for the “Template” drop-down. Select “Blog listing”
- In the “Publish” box on the top-right, click Save Draft
- A “WP-Drudge Fields” box will appear below the post editor with options for this page
- For “Post category to use,” select the post category to be displayed on this page. You can set a specific post category for your on-site posts and use that here to aggregate all of your original content.
- For “Number of posts to display,” input the number of posts you want to appear on each page; if there are more posts to see, a link to the next page will appear automatically.
- For “Sidebar to use,” select one of the sidebars being used on the site or “No sidebar” to omit widgets on this page.
- Click the blue Publish button on the top right when the page is ready.
Like the other pages on the site, you can link to this page using a widget, a menu item, or within post/page content.